Holiday Pumpkin Soup
Now that the Holidays are around the corner and a great family time for all of us. Here is a small recipe for Pumpkin Soup that you can make at home…
- 1 1/2 small fresh pumpkin seeds removed and divided (save seeds)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/8 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350. Place the divided pumpkin in a pan, bake for 35-40 minutes or until soft pulp can be removed by a fork.
- Place the seeds in a separate pan with oil and salt. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until the seeds are toasted.
- Add the pumpkin pulp to a pot with a little butter and chicken broth. Bring to a boil and cook until pumpkin is tender.
- Add spices and honey to the soup. Adjust salt and pepper to taste. Add the cream to finish and boil for 5 minutes more.
- Serve sprinkled with roasted seeds.
You can also add turkey, chicken pieces or seafood to the soup to give a different consistency.
by: Sebastian Vallejo